reSolve to rEvolve

Friday, December 15, 2006

I can see clearly now..

I have attempted to blog about 3 times since Lucy made her appearance and each time something or someone comes up and my plan is thwarted. I am not complaining, mind you... it is just that in the grand scheme, blogging has ranked well below going to the bathroom, feeding my face, and taking a superfast-but ultimately very necessary shower each day. That's it. That is all there is time for with my little cherub. Christmas season is in full swing and I am really trying to get everything off where it needs to go and try to muster a bit of holiday cheer.
We are (dare I write it) starting to see a semblence of a routine here. Lucy is sleeping actually quite well. She wakes twice for a feeding in the night, sometimes requiring a little topping off after the first, so really 3 times, but who is counting right? The point is that she has figured out that at night, people sleep. That is HUGE! I am once again approaching sanity.
J is adjusting in spurts. One day it is "I'm so glad that I'm a big girl." the next it's "Can I climb into your moby wrap?" For those unaware, the wrap is a baby carrier and it would take a Herculean effort, much creativity and surely surpass my supposed 10 lb weight limit post C-section to put J inside. Still, I understand the request. J's whole world has changed. I look at her and she seems so big and I have to remind myself that she is still just 4 and a half and that I can't ask more of her than I did before. (except to fetch the occasional burp cloth)

I am convinced that there is nothing like the first month post-partum. The highs the lows, the worries, the sleep deprivation, the hours of staring at your newborn's precious face, and the way time seems to warp. I am almost 4 weeks out now, and I feel like we just got home from the hospital and conversely that Lucy has been here forever.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you and hope your routine 'sticks.' She'll be sleeping through the night in no time!

p.s. I'd love to see more pictures, but I'm sure uploading and posting them would rank just below blogging. =)

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you are back (writing) and hope the routine is a constant. miss you and can't wait to meet lucy.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:08 PM  
Blogger don't call me MA'AM said...

We understand about your priorities... and they're exactly where they should be. :-)

Sounds good that she's finally falling into a routine. That should make life a lot easier on you.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home