reSolve to rEvolve

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My Own McDreamy


Lu, the stuffed animal formally known as Kala was sick. The situation was grave. In her prime, Lu had a delightful laugh which could be heard by pressing the computerized chip in her hand. The day before yesterday my "alarm clock" was a demonic laugh from a computerized chip gone horribly wrong. I don't know how the laugh went from normal to frightening, but it was something out of a haunted house. J was holding Lu an inch away from my ear and pressing it again and again and shouting "get up mama!"

My conclusion was that the bear had lived a good life and that it was time to remember all the good times we had with Kala/Lu. Trash day is Wednesday...

My sweet husband had other plans. Yesterday I happened upon J and C huddling together in concentrated stillness. As I got closer I saw that Lu was having an operation. C had out his stethoscope and my sewing kit and was performing an excision/exorcism on the beloved bear. With the chip successfully removed and the hole sewed up, Lu was pronounced good as new but requiring some TLC. Daddy saves the day!

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

That is too cute. And I love the title of your post.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a guy! And you were ready to toss poor Lu! Horrors. Do you remember when you freaked out at the garage sale before we moved south? You clutched at every old toy and stuffed animal as if they were all solid gold...M

11:45 AM  
Blogger don't call me MA'AM said...

That's too funny! I performed many a surgery on my daughter's puffalumps. Ah, the memories.

8:21 PM  
Blogger ali said...

that is the best story i've heard in a looonnnnnggg time!!! love it.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reading this during a very boring conference call and just laughed out loud which was a bit embarrassing!
Great story! Way to go McDreamy!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Jackie Sue said...

Oh my gosh, that is so precious. I was drawn in by the "McDreamy" title because of my obsession with Grey's...

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home