reSolve to rEvolve

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

It's all About Me

Not that I suppose anyone has been waiting with bated breath, but I have taken a hiatus from blogging and have decided that I will dip my toes once again into the blogesphere. The reason I stopped blogging is that in a postpartum haze I discovered that I had little to say. I also have been taking a critical look at myself and at what this forum for writing really means. It wasn't until I happened to read an article in Time Magazine
that I found it articulated very well. In essence I don't think that the world revolves around me, but I'm acutely aware that blogging sometimes gives that impression and to that end, I decided to take a break. I like to write. I like that when I am blogging or journaling, my synapses seem to fire more rapidly and I notice the world around me with a heightened sense of awareness. I have discovered that by not blogging, I am actually less aware of the world around me and I love to have a creative outlet.
Here is what I promise you, dear reader, if you do in fact exist:
1. I will never refer to my offspring as the little f---er as in the linked article.
2. any details of a scatological nature ie. pooping, barfing, nose-picking etc. will be absolutely germane to some universal topic--everybody poops right?
3. I will still be enormously proud of my daughter's discerning taste in music and hilarious taste in fashion.
4.I will not try to act cool because I most assuredly am not.
5. I will still probably prattle endlessly on about things that irk, please and inspire me

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Time article and so true! Oh the hipster parents in their Bugaboo strollers! I agree with Time- I think they are incapable of passing the torch and it still is all about them.

Keep blogging anyway. Your posts aren't self-centered or self-important. Anything that nurtures creativity is a great thing! Keep it up.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

m. i always love to read your thoughts- and agree that they heighten my awareness of life around me, but without me having to write a thing!

I think that finding a way to look outside ourselves is of the utmost value...and not a little challenging. Here's to trying to cultivate those places! love.e

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blogs..welcome back! M

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DEAL!

(I like your list - and think all bloggers should 'repeat after you' and make a similar vow...)

Glad to have ya back!

6:15 AM  
Blogger don't call me MA'AM said...

YAY! I'm glad you're back, too!

While I agree that some people blog to be self-indulgent, I truly feel that most of us want the outlet, the "safety" of anonymity, and the sense of community. That's what I think you do, and I'm always looking forward to hearing about your kids and your astute observations. :-)

Blog on, sister. Blog on.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Jackie Sue said...

Definitely glad you're back. I've been checking. :)
A) There is actually a bookc alled "Everybody Poops" - it's pretty funny.

B) We love reading about what irks and inspires people! I don't think there would be blooging without those topics.

4:25 PM  
Blogger ali said...

indeed and indeed!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How are you? Where are you? I've enjoyed reading your blogs as well and most definitely keep writing if it ignites your senses to what is around you. We all need this! Miss you.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home